The Arts Council intends to acquire a building in Downtown St. Charles that we will repurpose into the Center for the Arts – Galleries | Studios | Education. Downtown St. Charles is already a gathering place, the “hub” where people network, connect, learn and interact.
This proposed Center for the Arts will have significant impact on the community by providing night and weekend access and programming, such as:
- Gallery Exhibits and Programs – Visual Art, Video and Film
- Live Performances – Performing Arts such as Music, Dance and Spoken Word
- Literary Arts – Poetry and Story Slams, Book Reviews and Discussions
- Social Events – Private gatherings can be held in the Center
- Meeting Place – An open, welcoming venue for meetings, and informal gatherings
- Working Art Studios & Arts Offices – Available on the 2nd floor of the building
To make this long-held dream a reality, we need the community’s support. If you’re interested in helping us make this Center happen, please contact us.
We look forward to creating a wonderful space for the arts and the wider community.